[arch-general] tap device

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:06:30 EDT 2014

On 12-03-2014 13:48, arnaud gaboury wrote:
>> Right now on the host side I have everything being handled only by
>> systemd-{networkd,nspawn},
> I don't add any physical interfaces to the
>> bridge
> Ah? I have two netctl profiles, one for my physical eth (enp7s0) with
> no ip, one for bridge (br0) with enp7s0 binded to.
> So you mean you don't have any bridge profile managed by netctl ?
>
>  but I suppose that would also be possible to do with
>> systemd-networkd.

No netctl here :)

I systemd-networkd enabled on boot and 3 files in /etc/systemd/network

> cat brkvm.netdev
[NetDev]
Name=brkvm
Kind=bridge

> cat brkvm.network
[Match]
Name=brkvm

[Network]
Description=Bride for use with virtual machines and containers
Address=192.168.56.1/24

> cat vb-veth.network
[Match]
Name=vb-*

This last one is sort of a hack to bring the network up as it shows up,
I suppose systemd-nspawn should do it by itself, this might be a bug,
unless there is a good reason not to bring the network up automatically.

Inside the container I do manual setup of the network address since I'm
not actually booting it.

Mind you that you may have to do systemctl daemon-reload (not really
sure if this one is needed) and restart systemd-networkd for any changes
to make effect.

--
Mauro Santos