[arch-general] tap device

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 14:40:17 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM, arnaud gaboury
<arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  If you are running systemd-networkd on
>>> the host then you can do that easily with a network file. I've called
>>> mine vb-veth.network and it contains:
>>>
>>> [Match]
>>> Name=vb-*
>>
> Very good indeed.
> /etc/systemd/network/80-container-host0.network
> [Match]
> Name=vb-dahlia
>
> [Network]
> DHCP=no
> DNS=192.168.1.254
>
> [Address]
> Address=192.168.1.94/24
>
> [Route]
> Gateway=192.168.1.254
>

> and now the virtual bridge is UP right after boot.
but network didn't work on container !!!
I just realized this a few moment ago, trying to upgrade the container.
In fact, I shall keep my original 80-container-host0.network with :

[Match]
Virtualization=container
Host=host0

Then add a new .network file with you "hack" to get interface UP at boot.

This sounds to me a potential bug in fact, as your vb-veth.network has
no reason to exist.
But as I am far from catching every part of workability of networkd, I
will keep myself from filling a bug report.

Maybe shall you post on the devel-systemd mailing list about this
interface down at boot ?