[arch-general] creating an archlinux usb key with persistence

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:31:34 EDT 2014

On 13-03-2014 14:01, Mark Lee wrote:
> Salutations,
>
> Remember that fat32 has a 4GB file size limitation (it doesn't effect Mauro
> Santos, cause his partition is 4GB). In addition I suggest using fat32 for
> /boot since it can also work on UEFI systems (minimum partition size is
> 100mb). I also use luks+btrfs (I use dmcrypt).
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Litte tip: this list prefers bottom posting ;)

Yes I know fat32 has a 4GB file size limit, hence the 4GB partition ;)
On the other hand I also didn't want it to eat up too much space since
it will be almost always empty.

Regarding efi you make a good point, I haven't thought of it because
currently I don't have any machine that supports efi.

--
Mauro Santos