[arch-general] Error when I try update pacman -Syu

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:18:33 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Maykel Franco <maykeldebian at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have this error when I like update all system:
>
> root at arch-maykel /home/maykel/ # LANG=C pacman -Syu
> :: Synchronizing package databases...
>  core is up to date
>  extra is up to date
>  community is up to date
>  multilib is up to date
>  archlinuxfr is up to date
> :: Starting full system upgrade...
> resolving dependencies...
> looking for inter-conflicts...
> :: jre7-openjdk and jre7 are in conflict (java-runtime). Remove jre7? [y/N]
> error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
> error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
> :: jre7-openjdk and jre7 are in conflict (java-runtime=7)
>

> I find the solution in
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=154154  but not worked for
> me:
>
> root at arch-maykel /home/maykel/ # LANG=G yaourt -Rdd jre7-openjdk
> error: target not found: jre7-openjd
>
> Thanks in advanced.

jre7 is in the AUR so pacman won't update it, but jre7-openjdk is in
the repos and provides the same 'item' as jre7: java-runtime=7
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jr/jre7/PKGBUILD
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/jre7-openjdk/
that's why they conflict.

You seem to be using jre7. If you want to keep using it, you have to
keep jre7-openjdk out. Try adding it to IgnorePkg.