[arch-general] netctl/systemd - permission error in dmesg - need fixing?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri May 2 10:52:38 EDT 2014

All,

  Checking dmesg, I found the line:

[    2.865094] systemd[1]: Configuration file
/etc/systemd/system/netctl at rlf_network\x2dstatic.service is marked
world-inaccessible. This has no effect as configuration data is accessible via
APIs without restrictions. Proceeding anyway.

  Checking /etc/systemd/system, I find the file with 0600 perms:

-rw------- 1 root root  200 Dec  5 10:44 netctl at rlf_network\x2dstatic.service

  Checking /etc/netctl, the netctl file originally read IS world readable:

-rw-r--r--  1 root root  424 Dec  4 08:20 rlf_network-static

  What is causing systemd or netctl to create the file in /etc/systemd/system
with 0600, thereby causing the dmesg entry?

  Does this need to be fixed? (if so, I'll file - but is this a bug?)

  I found a similar, but unrelated thread here:
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6953

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.