[arch-general] sbcl is out of date

Kevin Dodd jesin00 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 11:54:10 EDT 2014

SBCL upstream has been releasing new versions monthly; version 1.1.18
came out a few days ago.  The SBCL package in Arch Linux's [extra]
repository is two months old, and has been flagged out-of-date for a
month, with no sign of an update even in [testing].

I was able to build and run the 1.1.17 release myself just by changing
the version number and checksum in the PKGBUILD, and the new package
was able to build and run extra/maxima with no issues on my computer.
I haven't tried the same process with 1.1.18 yet, but having viewed
the changelog I see no reason to expect the results will be any
different.  Is there a technical reason for the delay, or has the
package maintainer just been busy?