[arch-general] netctl/systemd - permission error in dmesg - need fixing?

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Sat May 3 01:26:29 EDT 2014

David C. Rankin wrote:
> All,
>
>   Checking dmesg, I found the line:
>
> [    2.865094] systemd[1]: Configuration file
> /etc/systemd/system/netctl at rlf_network\x2dstatic.service is marked
> world-inaccessible. This has no effect as configuration data is accessible via
> APIs without restrictions. Proceeding anyway.
>
>   Checking /etc/systemd/system, I find the file with 0600 perms:
>
> -rw------- 1 root root  200 Dec  5 10:44 netctl at rlf_network\x2dstatic.service
>
>   Checking /etc/netctl, the netctl file originally read IS world readable:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root  424 Dec  4 08:20 rlf_network-static
>
>   What is causing systemd or netctl to create the file in /etc/systemd/system
> with 0600, thereby causing the dmesg entry?
>
>   Does this need to be fixed? (if so, I'll file - but is this a bug?)
>
>   I found a similar, but unrelated thread here:
> http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6953

	I'm not sure exactly what you did, but here the only netctl-related
"files" I have in /etc/systemd are in multi-user.target.wants and
are symlinks to /usr/lib/systemd/system/netctl-ifplugd at .service

	In your case if the file is directly in /etc/systemd/system then it
should probably be removed unless you have copied one of the
/usr/lib/systemd/system/netctl*@.service files and made
modifications to it in which case, you might want to look here for
info on how to override systemd unit settings:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Editing_provided_unit_files

	If your file is in one of the *.target.wants folders then it should
definitely be a symlink.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr