[arch-general] Is ATI more... "compatible"?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sun May 4 06:06:28 EDT 2014

Hi,

Am 03.05.2014 19:57, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> NVIDIA's proprietary driver support is better.

I can't attest to whether or not it is better, because I haven't touched
ATI graphic cards for quite a while, but in my experience NVIDIA's
proprietary driver sucks big time. Last time I checked it didn't support
KMS natively and broke all sorts of stuff (e.g. terminals, resolution).

I've got a much smoother experience with nouveau, although it obviously
isn't as great as the proprietary one in terms of power management (e.g.
battery life) and performance.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch