[arch-general] KDE Issue

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Thu May 8 07:59:13 EDT 2014

On 07-05-14 22:23, Tomasz Kramkowski wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 08:01:01AM -0400, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
>> Hi all. I tried to install KDE for testing accessibility with Orca. However,
>> a friend of mine told me that the only icon that shows up is a hard drive,
>> and it sits at this icon forever and won't load. What could be going wrong?
>> Nothing on the forums shows information on this issue.
>>
> I can never remember the name of that thing, but I'm guessing that is
> simply a session choosing screen(?).
>
> Have you tried asking him to [double]click on the icon? If that doesn't
> solve the "problem" then I don't know what will.

If i remember correctly during startup of KDE it shows 4 or 5 icons
representing the stage of the it's startup.
The first one is a hard drive icon, second has to do with adding devices
i think.

Hunter,
if the icon you got is indeed that harddrive icon, something is worng
with the setup of KDE.
try creating a new testuser and start kde logged in as the testuser.

If KDE also doesn't start for the new testuser, then something is wrong
with the kde installation.