[arch-general] How to disable systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Fri May 9 01:22:14 EDT 2014

On 09/05/14 01:01 AM, Mark Lee wrote:

> To all,
>
> Don't make any of this personal. In addition, I hope the inclusion of
> systemd in Arch Linux has more justification than just some Arch
> developers are also Systemd developers. Arch may not be a democracy, but
> it's not supposed to be infested with cronyism either (I don't think it
> is). Let's all be calm and collected here and sort things out.
>
> Regards,
> Mark

I never stated that it was a reason for it being included in Arch Linux.

You're misrepresenting what I said.

The context of the thread is someone promoting content including a lot
of inaccurate claims and ad hominem attacks like this: "systemd's team
is noticeably chauvinistic and anti-Unix" and yet making this claim:

> This is not a rant against Arch or its devs and community, but against
> systemd; the sad facts speak for themselves.

I was countering the claim by pointing out that the group of people they
are disparaging includes several Arch developers and other prominent
people in the community.