[arch-general] out of memory while allocating z_stream

Stephen E. Baker baker.stephen.e at gmail.com
Sat May 10 09:24:40 EDT 2014

Hello,

As of yesterday I cannot boot, regardless of whether I choose the
regular or failback kernel from the boot loader.

I haven't been able to find anything on google, so I was hoping someone
here might know what's going on.

Last time my system was up I installed updates including the latest
kernel, and I ran e4defrag over the disk.
The computer is a ThinkPad T60, with a Core 2 Duo and 2GB of Ram.  I am
running the i686 version of Arch Linux.
My boot loader is syslinux.

In the mean time I'm downloading a new copy of the Arch Install ISO (all
my existing recovery disks are too old to chroot from), and I will try
reinstalling the kernel.

Output:
Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok
early console in decompress_kernel