[arch-general] archlinux kernel 3.14.2-1 Broadcom BCM4312 firmware-files not found

Andreas Adelmann a.adelmann at arcor.de
Tue May 13 12:39:13 EDT 2014

Am 13.05.2014 11:48, schrieb Martti Kühne:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Andreas Adelmann <a.adelmann at arcor.de> wrote:
>> What have i done:
>> reinstalled firmware b43-firmware-5.100.130 by using Kernel
>> 3.14.1-1 and 3.14.2-1 - no success.
>>

> Only reinstalling the module won't do. You need to recompile for every kernel.
>
> cheers!
> mar77i

Thanks for the reply. But in this package there is no kernel module
included, only firmware files. The used module b43 is part of kernel and
included in the modules-array of my initrd.
Therfore i think there is nothing i can do, if the module doesn't find
the needed firmware files, or am i wrong?

Actually I'm using the broadcom-wl package. By using this you are right,
I need recompiling the package after kernelupdate.

Greetings