[arch-general] GNU IceCat should be in the official repos

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 13:38:39 EDT 2014

Hi,
I agree it should be in the official repos.
Thanks
Storm
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 02:05:50PM +0400, Richter Vania wrote:
>With Mozilla Firefox implementing DRM in their source code, I think more users - even those who aren't strictly Free Software people - will move to GNU IceCat.
>
>I know that most IceCat users compile it themselves but I compiling it takes a lot of time and a binary package would help those people who don't want to use Mozilla Firefox but still want to keep their browser up-to-date.
>
>I know that Arch isn't particularly aligned politically but I see this matter as practical, many people are going to switch to GNU IceCat if the DRM is implemented.

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
Need a safe and easy way to backup and share files? Try Dropbox: http://db.tt/jeY50HR
"One more time we stare into the blackened sky, for tonight, in our hearts now we feel. One last time see our destiny reveal."
DragonForce - The Last Journey Home