[arch-general] Official releases from upstream

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 23 09:35:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

while for virtualbox Arch Linux does follow upstream, even while there
is a critical known USB issue, for Claws Mail, where AFAIK isn't a
critical issue, it doesn't follow upstream.

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 09:07:22 +0000
noreply at thewildbeast.co.uk wrote:
> The latest release is v. 3.11.1, what can you observe with that?

"Stable release	3.11.1 (October 27, 2014; 23 days ago)" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claws_Mail

"Latest Release: 3.11.1 (News), on 27 October 2014" -
http://www.claws-mail.org/news.php

$ pacman -Si claws-mail | grep Ver
Version        : 3.11.0-2

;)

I try to understand this, but I can't understand it. Is there latitude
for the maintainers to decide what is an official release from upstream
and what isn't?

Regards,
Ralf

PS:
The Claws package isn't a problem for me.
$ pacman -Q claws-mail-git
claws-mail-git 3.11.1.r26.g00cade7-1
But the virtualbox package is really an annoyance.