[arch-general] nm-applet and ethernet

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:22:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-20 at 10:01 -0400, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> On 10/18/2014 11:47 AM, Kyle Terrien wrote:
> > On 10/17/2014 06:39 AM, Mauro Santos wrote:
> >> Previously I could left-click release and the nm-applet menu would stay
> >> open, now I have to left-click and hold otherwise there is no menu.
> >> Apart from this everything seems to work correctly.
> >
> > This sounds like something with the recent GNOME/GTK3 update.
> >
> > I built network-manager-applet-gtk2 from the AUR because I'm using Xfce,
> > which does not always play nicely with GTK3 (themes, etc.).
> >
> > --Kyle
> >

> Anyone know if there's an open bug report for this?  I'm also seeing
> this problem.  (Also on XFCE.)

<sarcasm> GTK3 isn't buggy, it is a bug. </sarcasm> I'm using JWM and
openbox, GTK2 fonts are ok, but after the big GTK3 upgrade I'm nearly
unable to read many fonts even with reading glasses. I guess "I have to
left-click and hold" is what upstream will call a feature, I wonder how
they explain unreadable scaled-down fonts for menu bars.