[arch-general] Building in docker?

Vincent Ambo tazjin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:11:17 EDT 2014

I have a very simple container that I use for building Arch packages, just
added it to the Docker Hub so others can use it:
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/tazjin/arch-pkgbuild/

It's basically an Arch container that gets updated at image create time and
has base-devel installed. When running the container it automatically
executes makepkg from /build.

To try enter a folder with a PKGBUILD and just run

docker run --rm -v $(pwd):/build tazjin/arch-pkgbuild

and it'll install the dependencies in the container and build the package.
Note that because of the minimal system the build dependencies need to be
correct.

The mirrorlist in the container is using servers in Sweden, you could
replace it though if you wanted.