[arch-general] Location of the pacman database

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 02:28:22 EDT 2014

On Sep 15, 2014 1:56 AM, "Leonid Isaev" <lisaev at umail.iu.edu> wrote:
> systemd's factory reset and atomic upgrades were explicitly stated to be
useful
> only in special situations, like embedded systems. Just because Archlinux
> systemd package enables them doesn't mean that the entire distribution
should
> be change around.

Yes, these are features for special use cases, I am not arguing that.

I would still like these features to be easy to implement on Arch, provided
the required changes do not harm the traditional setups.

> Implementation is easy, support in all usecases is hard. I mean,
Archlinux is
> not CoreOS...

I do not think the changes in my bug report carry a support overhead.

Best Regards,
Tobias