[arch-general] Out-of-date sbcl has fairly serious ASDF bug

Sean Greenslade sean at seangreenslade.com
Mon Sep 22 23:05:25 EDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 06:09:27AM -0500, Drake Wilson wrote:
> (I originally attempted to send this to arch-dev-public, but apparently that's only for
> making discussions from a relatively closed circle visible?  The list descriptions
> on the listinfo page were very ambiguous; if even things like packaging issues should go
> to -general if from third parties, perhaps the -dev-public description should be updated
> to be clearer about this.)
>
> The currently packaged sbcl 1.2.2-1 seems subject to the ASDF bug at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/982285 where systems installed into
> /usr (e.g., according to the Arch Linux Lisp Package Guidelines) are not found when
> the environment variable XDG_DATA_DIRS is unset.  (A workaround is to set
> XDG_DATA_DIRS to /usr/local/share:/usr/share explicitly.)

Yes, the arch-dev-public is for Developers[1] only. If you really feel
like your issue is not getting sufficient attention (did you flag the
package as out-of-date?), you can find the package maintainer's info on
the package page and contact them directly.

I would also suggest checking the testing repo to see if a new version
of the package is available to be tested.

--Sean

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/developers/