[arch-general] mkinitcpio debugging with systemd

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:38:16 EDT 2014

Hello!

I am running a initrd make with mkinitcpio using the "systemd" hook.

This works great in general, but after a bit of playing with the hooks
and systemd code the generated initrd will no longer start. That is no
big deal and entirely my fault and I should be able to fix it. My
problem is now that I can not really debug the initrd anymore.

Is there a way to get a debug shell on the initrd when using the
systemd hook? Any hints would be greatly appreciated:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias