[arch-general] Gstreamer upgrade broke rhythmbox streams?

phanisvar das listmail at phanisvara.com
Thu Sep 25 14:05:03 EDT 2014

On 09/25/2014 09:22 PM, Stephen Martin wrote:
> I listen to quite a few radio stations through rhythmbox, and all of
> them now fail to play with an error of "Could not determine type of
> stream."
>
> I noticed that gstreamer updated yesterday to 1.4.3. Might that be
> the issue? Are others experiencing similar problems?

not sure if that's the reason in your case, i'm using clementine, not
rhythmbox, but i think it might very well be:

i used to use ffmpeg-complete, a package from AUR instead of the ffmpeg
package from [extra]. after that AUR package received an update to a
decoder file it became impossible to decode network streams. (forgot the
exact file / codec name.)

switching back to the ffmpeg package from [extra] solved the problem for
me. looking now i don't see that package, ffmpeg-complete, anymore, so
no point reporting this as a bug.

--
ys phani.