[arch-general] Little automation to install

Vladimir Nikšić vniksic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:44:09 UTC 2015

On 04/01/2015 06:53 PM, Bráulio Bhavamitra wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After some many years, I'm back to ArchLinux. One thing that took me time
> was to read the manuals and run all the commands for installation.
>
> That made me wonder on how automation might help things get easier and
> faster on install. Could you please tell the current works on that?

I think it's for the best that the installation stays like this.
Archlinux has always strived for minimalism and simplicity. It's really
not that hard to install, although it does require some basic shell
knowledge and the wiki does a pretty good job of explaining how to
install. I believe this is by design, and should remain like this. I'm
always telling people that Archlinux is NOT for complete novices or
people who want to click-solve everything and are afraid of the console.

This is what makes archlinux stand out, there are plenty of distros that
have fancy python/whatever graphical installers. I don't use them
anymore, but I respect them, and should be around if we want Linux to be
adopted more.