[arch-general] Cannot use monitor in 1920x1080 anymore

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celti at celti.name
Sat Apr 4 19:59:06 UTC 2015

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 11:29:26 -0500 "Pedro A. López-Valencia"
<vorbote at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...  Martin, if you still have a Xorg.log it means you have a
> really old installation, or you installed syslog-ng and integrated it
> with journalctl, something that is not standard anymore. Heck,
> OpenSUSE just removed it of Tumbleweed, it's a sign of the times.

That would only be true if systemd launched Xorg directly. Xorg writes
its log file on its own, not through syslog and not to the journal; I
can tell you that on my fully up-to-date system, at least, Xorg writes
to /var/log/Xorg.X.log (or to ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.X.log for
non-root Xorg).

--
Patrick Burroughs (Celti) <celti at celti.name>