[arch-general] Cannot use monitor in 1920x1080 anymore

"Pedro A. López-Valencia" vorbote at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 17:41:30 UTC 2015

On 04/04/15 14:59, Patrick Burroughs (Celti) wrote:
> That would only be true if systemd launched Xorg directly. Xorg writes
> its log file on its own, not through syslog and not to the journal; I
> can tell you that on my fully up-to-date system, at least, Xorg writes
> to /var/log/Xorg.X.log (or to ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.X.log for
> non-root Xorg).

I did some testing, and found we both are right, although what I said
isn't. If you launch the xserver manually or with a display manager that
is not well integrated with systemd, you'll get your text logs. If it is
well integrated, namely GDM, everything will go into journalctl.

--
Pedro A. López-Valencia
http://about.me/palopezv