[arch-general] Cannot use monitor in 1920x1080 anymore

pete nikolic pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 18:46:46 UTC 2015

On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:10:13 -0500
"Pedro A. López-Valencia" <vorbote at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/04/15 14:59, Patrick Burroughs (Celti) wrote:
> > On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 11:29:26 -0500 "Pedro A. López-Valencia"
> > <vorbote at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmm...  Martin, if you still have a Xorg.log it means you have a
> >> really old installation, or you installed syslog-ng and integrated it
> >> with journalctl, something that is not standard anymore. Heck,
> >> OpenSUSE just removed it of Tumbleweed, it's a sign of the times.
> > That would only be true if systemd launched Xorg directly. Xorg writes
> > its log file on its own, not through syslog and not to the journal; I
> > can tell you that on my fully up-to-date system, at least, Xorg writes
> > to /var/log/Xorg.X.log (or to ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.X.log for
> > non-root Xorg).
> >

> You mean the contents of the xorg-server.install file?
>
>     post_upgrade() {
>        if (( $(vercmp $2 1.16.0-3) < 0 )); then
>          post_install
>        fi
>     }
>
>     post_install() {
>        cat <<MSG
>      >>> xorg-server has now the ability to run without root rights with
>          the help of systemd-logind. xserver will fail to run if not
>     launched
>          from the same virtual terminal as was used to log in.
>          Without root rights, log files will be in ~/.local/share/xorg/
>     directory.
>
>          Old behavior can be restored through Xorg.wrap config file.
>          See Xorg.wrap man page (man xorg.wrap).
>     MSG
>     }
>
>     xorg-server.install (END)
>

> That was true for versions under 1.16.0-3 as evidenced by the version
> comparison, but it is not true anymore, Xserver 1.17 dumps its logs to
> syslog. And syslog is trapped by journalctl.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  No it does not this system is fully up to date  .

I use startx  to start the graphical display  nothing in journalctl    it is
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log ....

Sorry to disapoint   and all that   ..

Pete .

--
Illegitimi non carborundum . ro for the purists out there
Noli nothis permittere te terere.