[arch-general] Cannot use monitor in 1920x1080 anymore

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Mon Apr 6 08:34:02 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your answers.
I came on the office earlier today just to test this out and:

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 3286 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
eDP1 connected 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 277mm x 156mm
   1366x768      60.00*+
   1024x768      60.00
   800x600       60.32    56.25
   640x480       59.94
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP2-3 connected 1920x1080+1366+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 477mm x 268mm
   1920x1080     60.00*+
   1680x1050     59.95
   1280x1024     75.02    60.02
   1152x864      75.00
   1024x768      75.08    60.00
   800x600       75.00    60.32
   640x480       75.00    60.00
   720x400       70.08
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

The problem appears to have sorted itself out over the course of a week.
I did not upgraded my system, I avoided it at all costs.

I did not like that the problem sorted itself out. I will test it, if the
problem reappears, I will get X.org logs. (Being wherever they are).

Regards,

--
Alfredo Palhares
GPG/PGP Key Fingerprint