[arch-general] update error(?)

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:10:00 UTC 2015

Okay . . .

Thank you for the input.

May I just state that I can (and do) use all of the information resources
aforementioned.  Oh, if you only knew the may hours I have spent reading,
reading, reading.  Yes, I have learned much from reading.

But reading is not always the most efficient or even the most effective
learning modality.  Often, just asking questions is the best way to promote
knowledge transfer.

Having said that, in the interest of avoiding the potential of adverse
sentiment, perhaps further discussion on this point might better be taken
"off-list"?

Now regarding mailing lists, I believe this is the collection of official
Arch (publically available) mailing lists:

*List* *Description* *arch-announce*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-announce> Arch Linux
Announcements *arch-commits*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-commits> Arch Linux packaging
commits *arch-dev-public*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-dev-public> Public mailing list
for Arch Linux development *arch-events*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-events> Arch Linux Events
Discussion about Arch Linux *arch-mirrors*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-mirrors> Arch Linux Mirroring
Discussion and Announcements *arch-multilib*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-multilib> Arch Linux Multilib
(32bit libs on 64bit OSes) *arch-ports*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports> Discussion regarding the
porting of Arch Linux to non-i686 architectures *arch-projects*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-projects> Arch Linux projects
development discussion *arch-releng*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-releng> Arch Linux Release
Engineering *arch-security*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-security> Discussion about
security issues in Arch Linux and its packages *arch-women*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-women> Mailing list for the Arch
User Repository (AUR) Development *aur-general*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/aur-general> Discussion about the
Arch User Repository (AUR) *aur-requests*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/aur-requests> Public mailing list for
AUR package deletion/merge/orphan requests *pacman-dev*
<https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/pacman-dev> Discussion list for
pacman development
------------------------------

 After carefully reviewing it, I have not yet found a list more suitable to
my limited capabilities, such as:

arch-newbies at archlinux.org
or
arch-for-the-cognitively-challenged at archlinux.org