[arch-general] Add wpa_supplicant to the Group 'Base'

Sam Stuewe halosghost at archlinux.info
Sat Apr 25 17:59:30 UTC 2015

This may just be my personal opinion, but I have always thought that
`base` was supposed to be the absolute bare minimum to have a bootable
installation. From that view, it makes sense that a few very small
editors made sense in `base` back when Arch wasn't net-install only.

Now, however, since Arch is only officially supported for netinstall
only and getting an editor on your fresh new install is as simple as
running `pacstrap -i /mnt <youreditornamehere>` from the installation
medium. I am unconvinced that vi (or vim-minimal) or nano actually have
a place in `base`.

Honestly, I think an idea world would put pacman, linux, systemd, bash,
a few bootloaders, efi-related utilities and their dependencies in
`base` and essentially nothing else.

Having said that, I think it makes perfect sense to have nano and
vim-minimal on the installation media, but I think of “what is on the
installation media” and “what is in `base`” as being two separate
things.

All the best,

-Sam