[arch-general] Post-packaging modification tool

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Apr 28 21:02:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 07:18:12PM +0200, Sebastiaan Lokhorst wrote:

> > I have a large set of already packages (300+) that I'd like to make
> > some minor modifications to the meta data in.  Since it takes a few
> > hours to build them all I'd prefer to avoid dong that.  So, is there
> > a tool out there that allows me to make some minor changes to the meta
> > data of a package?
> >

> A package is just a tar.xz, so you can simply unzip it, edit the .PKGINFO
> file, and zip it again. (I think)

I've opened one and taken a look inside and there are checksums for
all files in it, including the .PKGINFO.  So I'm guessing that just
editing the .PKGINFO isn't enough.  Not that much of a problem though,
but if someone else has already solved it I'd rather borrowing that
solution :)

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

As long as there are ill-defined goals, bizarre bugs, and unrealistic
schedules, there will be Real Programmers willing to jump in and Solve The
Problem, saving the documentation for later.  Long live Fortran!
     -- Ed Post