[arch-general] Realtek 8111/8168/8411 Blues - cannot get dhcpcd address (link UP)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 20 23:42:56 UTC 2015

On 08/20/2015 05:56 PM, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
> Check this threadhttps://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=200514  is
> it what you see?
>
> What happens if you downgrade to dhcpcd-6.9.0 ?

I will check, but there is something not right going on. I did manage to get an
inet address assigned by dhcpcd (for a minute) when I rebooted to box, pulled
the CD out, let it boot to the point of "Install System Disk and Press Any Key",
put the CD back in, and booted non UEFI mode.

I was going to just assign a static address, but checked 'ifconfig' before
disabling dhcpcd and BINGO there was a proper IPv4 address handed out by my
dhcpd server (it handed out .166 which was correct, because it handed the broken
box .165 an hour before)

However, by the time I went to ping anything, or start sshd so I could ssh into
the box, the connection went dead again (meaning 'ip link' still shows Status
UP; if config still shows correct IP address, but any attempt to ping results
in: network not found...)

I'll read the thread and let you know if I found a solution. Any other thoughts,
just let me know.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.