[arch-general] LTS Kernels

bildermejl76 at gmail.com bildermejl76 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 08:30:56 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been thinking about instslling an LTS kernel, but I don't have the skills to make complete sense of the wiki pages about grub and kernel installation.

I have 4.1.15 installed now and not so many GUI programs installed beside Libre Office, web browser... mostly CLI utilities.

But I wonder if I can install an LTS kernel in an already existing installation as a fallback?

The wiki sounds fairly straight forward, but I get lost where it says "install kernel" without saying how, and to "edit the grub config file" without an explanation, and to "generate the main configuration file".

Not sure whether I am getting in way over my head or if it is actually quite simple. That's what I need to know.

Thanks,
David

–
Skickat från Mailbox