[arch-general] PHP - libphp5.so, OR php-fpm and mod_proxy_fcgi, OR php5 with apache2-mpm-worker and mod_fcgid

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celti at celti.name
Wed Aug 26 15:08:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:01:22 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>    What is the proper-suggested PHP configuration? Is libphp5.so
> still on its way out? (there is no indication this is still the
> case). I have a relatively lightly used web-server, so the use of
> mod_mpm_prefork and loss of threading is not an issue with my setup.

libphp5.so doesn't work out of the box anymore. It is effectively
deprecated, and the fact that it's still on the wiki page is simply due
to the wiki not being constantly updated.

>    Why would I choose either php-fpm and mod_proxy_fcgi, or php5 with
> apache2-mpm-worker and mod_fcgid as an alternative to libphp5.so for
> my PHP config on Arch?

I use php-fpm and mod_proxy_fcgi as the simplest "just works" setup. See
the Apache wiki page and use the SetHandler version of the setup.

~Celti