[arch-general] Weird glitch with X keymap

Jens Adam jra at byte.cx
Fri Aug 28 17:37:22 UTC 2015

Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:34:24 +0100
Mauro Santos <registo.mailling at gmail.com>:

> The TL;DR version is the keymap on a usb keyboard that I have connected
> to my laptop is wrong until I press any key on my laptop's keyboard.

After reading the rest of this thread (and the Xorg bug) I think I'm
affected too (PS/2 keyboard though).

I'm running KDE/Plasma with SDDM as login manager, and after bootup or
session logout the keyboard layout indicator always shows an US flag.
When I press the first key of my password it immediately switches to DE.
Always wondered why, even though I never considered it a problem.

--byte