[arch-general] SOLVED Re: GA-990FX - on boot I get IO_PAGE_FAULT & AMD-Vi: Event logged??

Casey Peter caseyjp1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 03:39:05 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 9:21 PM, Kyle Bassett <kylebassett at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2015 9:40 PM, "David Kaylor" <dpkaylor at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Your problems are not specific to Arch. And not necessarily kernel
> specific
> > either. I'm glad you have solved your problem, but this wasn't the
> > appropriate medium for it.
> >

> David K, I suggest you review your post and see if it meets your own
> requirements.  No reason for a negative tone in this ML.
>
> I found this thread informative and helpful, David R. did his homework, and
> uses Arch.  I wish all the OP posts in my inbox were like his!  David R.,
> glad you got it working.
>
> +1 for the [del] key.

I'll add that I resolved my ARCH issue as well with the kernel setting
prior to this thread popping up, and offered help because of my experience
with the ARCH SPECIFIC problem. This issue cropped with a new Gigabyte
board and ONLY on Arch. Three other distros had no issue, whatsoever, with
IOMMU one way or another....Arch did.