[arch-general] plasma 5.5 and wayland

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Dec 15 03:34:19 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Has anybody got plasma 5.5 under wayland working?

I have weston working which I can launch from sddm. So hardware is not a
problem I suppose.

I have created a test user with no existing configuration at all. When I run
startplasmacompositor, it displays the splash screen and then goes blank.

Any suggestions? What package I am missing?

Following is the output generated by startplasmacompositor.

------------
$ cat /home/test/plasma.log
startplasmacompositor: Starting up...
no screens available, assuming 24-bit color
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
QPainter::setCompositionMode: Painter not active
QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
No backend specified through command line argument, trying auto resolution
Backend does not support input, enforcing libinput support
OpenGL vendor string:                   Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string:                 Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile
OpenGL version string:                  3.0 Mesa 11.0.7
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
Driver:                                 Intel
GPU class:                              Haswell
OpenGL version:                         3.0
GLSL version:                           1.30
Mesa version:                           11.0.7
Linux kernel version:                   4.2.5
Requires strict binding:                no
GLSL shaders:                           yes
Texture NPOT support:                   yes
Virtual Machine:                        no
X-Server started on display :0
org.kde.kwindowsystem: Could not find any platform plugin
Configuring Lock Action
Session path: "/org/freedesktop/login1/session/c3"
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 43 and type 'Read', disabling...