[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Jiezhe Wang wangjiezhe at yandex.com
Mon Dec 28 13:42:50 UTC 2015

I used to use gnome 3, but later found that there were many things
installed by default that I never use. Another problem that I got to is
that many times when I opened nautilus, it got stuck for some time. It
was awful.

Then I tried KDE, but I didn't like it's style.

So I turned to WM, and finally chose awesome. The reason is that its
configuration file is written in lua, which is easy to understand and
learn to write.

I think the advantage is that you can control almost everything, and it
will stay what it looks like. The appearance does not change for it's up
to you, not the developers. And you can configure it once, and just use
it without change.