[arch-general] Cinnamon main menu bug?

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 01:22:08 UTC 2015

I'm not sure how that is supposed to be done (correctly).  But I did
install:

gtk-update-icon-cache

and then tried:
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache (and)
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor (and even)
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache -v /usr/share/icons/hicolor

all with no apparent results.  (Hope I didn't mess up my system)!

I am surprised, since I thought Cinnamon was based upon Gnome 3.

So,  still have to restart Cinnamon to have programs appear in the menu.
Not a major problem, but annoying nonetheless.