[arch-general] Cinnamon main menu bug?

Marshall Neill ramien43 at windstream.net
Wed Dec 30 01:34:08 UTC 2015

There is a Panel Applet, I think, that will restart Cinnamon.     Or
maybe it's and extension.
Also, maybe
# updatedb

Just a thought.

Regards,
Marshall Neill

On 12/29/2015 07:22 PM, Francis Gerund wrote:
> I'm not sure how that is supposed to be done (correctly).  But I did > install: > > gtk-update-icon-cache > > and then tried: sudo
gtk-update-icon-cache (and) sudo > gtk-update-icon-cache
/usr/share/icons/hicolor (and even) sudo > gtk-update-icon-cache -v
/usr/share/icons/hicolor > > all with no apparent results.  (Hope I
didn't mess up my system)! > > I am surprised, since I thought Cinnamon
was based upon Gnome 3. > > So,  still have to restart Cinnamon to have
programs appear in the > menu. Not a major problem, but annoying
nonetheless. > > > On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 1:51 AM, Ralf Mardorf >
<ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote: > >> On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 19:04:07
-0500, Francis Gerund wrote: >>> I am running Arch 64-bit, with the
Cinnamon desktop environment. >>> >>> When I install an application
program, it does not show up in >>> the Cinnamon main menu until I
restart Cinnamon.  Then, there it >>> is.  Is this a known bug, or is it
a "feature"? >>> >>> And is there a way to fix it so that added programs
show up in >>> the menu without restarting Cinnamon? >> >> What happens
if you update the gtk icon cache? >> >