[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 30 14:01:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 06:47:49 -0700, Leonid 'Beef Marsala' Isaev wrote:
>If it is something that uses system resources efficiently and
>alows you to disable unnecessary bloat, then we agree. But this also
>implies that you'd like to use graphics card to render windows, not
>CPU.

I like that the graphics driver works with a rt patched kernel and that
I don't get xruns at high DSP load and low latency, when doing real-time
audio work, while the GUIs still must remain responsive and fast. It
doesn't matter in which way this is provided, it only matters that it
proves itself in practice.