[arch-general] makepkg as root

Victor Silva vfbsilva at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:13:44 UTC 2015

Em 04/01/2015 16:48, "Marcel Kleinfeller" <marcel at oompf.de> escreveu:

> I think this propably relays to this issue.
> When I try to actualize with packer as root, it fails because of --asroot
and when I try to use it like I should, it simply tells me, everything
would be up-to-date.

> [marcel at oompf ~]$ pacman -Qet | grep packer
> packer 20140810-1
> [marcel at oompf ~]$ packer -Syu
> :: Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
>  core ist aktuell
>  extra ist aktuell
>  community ist aktuell
>  aur ist aktuell
> :: Starte vollständige Systemaktualisierung...
>  Es gibt nichts zu tun
> :: Synchronizing aur database...
>  aur                                        18  18
[##############################]100%
> :: Starting full aur upgrade...
>  local database is up to date
> [marcel at oompf ~]$ sudo packer -Syu
> :: Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
>  core ist aktuell
>  extra ist aktuell
>  community ist aktuell
>  aur ist aktuell
> :: Starte vollständige Systemaktualisierung...
>  Es gibt nichts zu tun
> :: Synchronizing aur database...
>  aur                                        18  18
[##############################]100%
> :: Starting full aur upgrade...
>
> Aur Targets    (3): btsync byacc-noconflict gengetopt
>
> Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
> Edit btsync PKGBUILD with $EDITOR? [Y/n] y
> Edit btsync.install with $EDITOR? [Y/n] n
> makepkg: Ungültige Option '--asroot'
> The build failed.
> Edit byacc-noconflict PKGBUILD with $EDITOR? [Y/n] y
> makepkg: Ungültige Option '--asroot'
> The build failed.
> Edit gengetopt PKGBUILD with $EDITOR? [Y/n] n
> makepkg: Ungültige Option '--asroot'
> The build failed.
>  local database is up to date

Same happens here. Guys I've not found a "migration" how to on the forums
neither a major comment in archs Web page.

Probably because the error we are facing is due to the let's say
exploitation of a feature from the system. But now we are in a situation
were I could find no official guideline to solve it.

What are the correct guidelines to adress it? Adding the
ABSROOT=~/abs abs
Seems also evil ie not a proper fix which also might backslash later. What
could I and Marcel do in a first momment to sane our system?

Regards,
Victor