[arch-general] makepkg as root

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 00:09:19 UTC 2015

Well, you could at least actually quote what I really said:

"[...] it was a straightforward change with absolutely no impact"
... now wait for it :) ...
"beyond the impact of running makepkg --asroot by hand instead of by proxy."

I was, of course, referring solely to the nature of that change as it
regards yaourt and the yaourt maintainer needing to discuss the change
with the devs.
Which is to say, this change does not affect yaourt in any appreciable
way, and the people it does affect... will be affected without
bringing yaourt into the discussion.

I have absolutely no opinion on people wishing to run "makepkg
--asroot", that is absolutely your right and I wish you much luck in
finding a suitable workaround or convincing the pacman developers of
its merits or whatever you like.
Because I have no opinion on whether or not it is a legitimate need,
or when it might or might not be a need with extra legitimacy behind
it... beyond observing that I have never used it, myself, personally.

-- Eli Schwartz