[arch-general] Is there a non file manager daemon for automounting like the ones provided by "pcmanfm -d"

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:32:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:54:24 -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> BTW, udiskie doesn't use gvfs

usermount neither does use GVFS, but caused spin downs and ups.

My WD HDD goes to sleep after 30 minutes. I didn't monitor the LED
all the time, but after I run

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep smartctl .bash_history
date ; sudo smartctl -a /dev/sdc
date ; sudo smartctl -a /dev/sdc

4 Start_Stop_Count
193 Load_Cycle_Count

of smartctl do show if there happened too much spin downs and ups. JFTR
after 30 minutes the LED should start flashing, when the drive does
sleep. If nothing wakes up the drive, it should flash after a few hours,
but here it was on without flashing.