[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:49:36 UTC 2015

>> > You missed that the base group should be reinstalled, as the error is
>> > not with the ramdisk,
>

> there's no /init outside of the ramdisk, so his problem seems to be in the
> initramfs, but probably because his base system is a bit borked and it
> mkinitcpio creates the initramfs out of it.
>

>> Well, I did so but can't to run successfully the `pacman -S base'
>> command because of some difficulties.
>> It complains about existing files and folder:
>> it won't overwrite the /usr/lib64 folder.
>
> post the exact errors you're getting

The output of `pacman -S base' command is:
(50/50) checking keys in keyring
(50/50) checking package integrity
(50/50) checking for file conflicts
(50/50) checking available disk space
(  1/50) reinstalling filesystem
error: extract: not overwriting dir with file /usr/lib64
error: problem occured while upgrading filesystem
error: could not commit transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (rransaction aborted)
Errors occured, no packages were upgraded.

I know that that the /usr/lib64 is a symlink only.

What to do?

--
Regards from Pal