[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:04:12 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Csányi Pál <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:

>> there's no /init outside of the ramdisk, so his problem seems to be in the
>> initramfs, but probably because his base system is a bit borked and it
>> mkinitcpio creates the initramfs out of it.
>>

> What to do?

Looking into "mkinitcpio" it makes an assumption that
/usr/lib/initcpio/busybox exists -- while in your rescue arch-chroot,
try just re-installing "mkinitcpio-busybox" package. It provides the
'init' function as I referenced earlier, which mkinitcpio symlinks to:

  $ /usr/lib/initcpio/busybox --list | grep init
  init

Perhaps your busybox binary is somehow broken; after reinstall run
mkinitcpio -p linux again to rebuild your initramfs and see if that
helps.

-te