[arch-general] postgresql 9.3 -> 9.4

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celti at celti.name
Wed Jan 28 20:17:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:54:17 -0700 Squall Lionheart
<headmastersquall at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Next time reading pacman -Syu output before hitting Y would be even
> > nicer. ;-)
>
> You know what, sometimes their is just so much on the screen to catch
> all the messages for things like this.  I was hit with the same
> problem and had a server down for almost a day.  This should have
> been posted on the home page with a warning and a link to the Wiki or
> instructions on how to perform upgrade.

I think there should have been a post-install message — something that
catches the eye as opposed to a simple version increment. However, an
announcement on the homepage for a completely routine version change,
that has happened regularly in the past, is overkill.

Regards
~Celti