[arch-general] postgresql 9.3 -> 9.4

nmset at netcourrier.com nmset at netcourrier.com
Sat Jan 31 08:41:09 UTC 2015

Le samedi 31 janvier 2015 02:11:43 William Gathoye a écrit :

>I'm silently following this discussion from the start
> Thus, big +1 for more warnings in the future.

One more silent follower : I think it's the DBA's responsibility to know what
he's doing when upgrading his box. Blind upgrade of any DB server is faulty.
In Arch's Postgresql wiki's page, it's clearly stated that pacman.conf must
have IgnorePkg = postgresql postgresql-libs.

We cannot blame packaging / warnings / pacman ... here. Test on a lab server
before touching a production one.

2c.