[arch-general] systemd new dependencies impede using OpenRC

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Fri Jul 3 04:45:20 UTC 2015

I personally prefer systemd over the alternatives. I grant there's
considerable feature creep, but the people who complain a lot either don't
offer an alternative, or the one alternative they offer is the frankly
broken system Linux had been using since the dawn of time.

I wouldn't mind some spiritual successor to systemd where its entire
purpose is to be init, without sacrificing some of the more useful/powerful
features like cgroups, concurrency, and the like. Systemd went wrong when
it started going into stuff that init itself really doesn't need to manage
on its own.

SysV Init needs to die, let's move on. OpenRC is not enough to save it.