[arch-general] systemd new dependencies impede using OpenRC

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 19:04:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Geoff <capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 16:51:21 +0200
> Bardur Arantsson <spam at scientician.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > STOP!
>
> Although I find the discussion interesting, I have watched with growing
> amazement.  As I recall, this list became moderated due to the furore when
> systemd was introduced, and I doubt that Lennart himself could have got a
> post
> on the subject through in the aftermath.

The bitter flame wars concerning systemd were rife on several other mailing
lists a few years ago and led to no useful outcome other than to severely
impact on users who had significant volumes of mail in their inboxes. This
led both to some MLs being moderated but also led to some people
unsubscribing from lists to get away from the futile claim and counterclaim
spew of mail. Please stop this systemd discussion now as the majority of
people in this list are subscribed for the purpose of providing and
receiving genuine help with issues that can't be answered in the wiki or
forums. Also suggestions for positive developments that have not been
discussed elsewhere.

Times have moved on since the systemd war - and we have a very functional
arch linux operating system. Please move any further systemd rants to some
other channel.
--
mike c