[arch-general] Tuxguitar: documentation and SWT/GTK

Sebastian M. vevais at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:11:36 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 10:53:12PM -0700, Alan E. Davis wrote:
> Thank you, LoneVVolf:
>
> It is not clear to me how to obtain the PKGBUILD for Tuxguitar, since it is
> distributed through pacman.  I tried to include an Archaudio repo, hoping
> that another version would be available via AUR.  Alas!  No such luck.
>
> Alan
You can obtain the PKGBUILD via the Arch Build System.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System

After you installed abs and ran an synchronization with "sudo abs", you just copy the folder to e.g. /var/build/ (which you will need to create first):

"cp -r /var/abs/community/tuxguitar /var/build"

There you can edit the PKGBUILD or just run "makepkg -o" to download the
sources, patch them and run a "makepkg -e" to use the patched sources.

Regards,
Sebastian M.