[arch-general] [solved] sudo 1.8.14.p2-1 breaks gksudo

Jens Adam jra at byte.cx
Wed Jul 22 11:04:22 UTC 2015

Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:19:12 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com>:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:01:54 +0200, Jens Adam wrote:
> >Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:58:18 +0200
> >Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com>:
> >
> >> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/45739
> >
> >Just a little bit late.
> >https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/45735
>
> Here the issue appeared with password request:
>
> # grep -v "#" /etc/sudoers | grep [[:blank:]]
> Defaults insults
> root ALL=(ALL) ALL
> rocketmouse ALL=(ALL) ALL

I know what you're referring to, but your mails are sometimes really
hard to follow. And reading that bug (or knowing sudo) it's pretty
obvious that "nopasswd" played no role here.

> Before posting my bug report I searched for sudo and gksudo bug
> reports, but none were shown.

Some Flyspray tips: I usually check "Search in comments", "Search
details" and "All Statuses" when searching and then sort
would've been the proper package name. But as that package didn't get
touched for three weeks, the most likely culprit had to be sudo anyway.

The time when I was active all day on bbs/irc/wiki giving free support
is long ago (2006-9), but I think the general consensus had always
been "bug first, talk later" ... dunno how others think about that
nowadays.

Regards,
Jens