[arch-general] Firefox display problem

Christian Demsar vixsomnis at fastmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:03:56 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015, at 04:27 PM, Francis Gerund wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> Yes, temporarily allowing cnn.com in NoScript did get rid of the
> rectangles.
>
> But try it youself, and then click the NoScript icon in the Firefox menu
> bar to count the still-blocked third-party revenue leeches cnn
> lets tag along on it's website.  11 by my count.
>
> So much for privacy.
>
> Remeber when the websites said to visitors, "what can we do for you?",
> not
> "what can we do you for?" . . .

Privacy issues aside, javascript on certain websites tends to slow my
browser down to a crawl. Amazon.com, for instance, is impossibly
sluggish when I whitelist it. It's crashed my DE before when I had more
than a few tabs open.

In terms of both privacy and performance, the third-party scripts and
trackers really do slow down browsing.

(The Amazon scripts aren't third party, they're just surprisingly
slow...)

As an aside, if anyone knows a fix for Amazon on Firefox, I'd appreciate
a tip. I'm not sure if it's just my local setup.

--
vixsomnis